Monday 10:30am – 1:30pm
May 13 – June 24, 2019
6 week course – ALL LEVELS
** NO CLASS THE WEEK OF JUNE 9-15 **
A 25lb. bag of clay, glazing and firing are all included.
- Additional clay is available for purchase for $19.99 + 6% sales tax/per bag
- $15 firng fee added per 25 pound bag of additional purchased clay
We start out with teaching the basic hand-building techniques of slab, coil and pinch contstrruction, building on those basic skills. For wheel throwing, you will learn about clay properties, the importance of preparing clay, centering, opening, pulling consistent walls and shaping. The last two weeks of class are deciated to glaze instruction.
What you will need to bring:
- Basic potters’ tool set (available in the studio for $11.99, or from any craft store)
- Rolling Pin (optional)
- Towel for hand wiping
- Container for water (optional)
- Apron or work shirt (optional)
Please read Terms & Conditions